Passing (and catching) seem to be a lost art at times in the game of basketball. Here are 5 quick pointers to help your players improve in this critical area.
- Always have your players face the basket in triple threat position and look under the net when in possession of the ball. This allows for maximum viewing of offensive teammates and the location of defenders.
- Teach players to pass the ball with feet on the floor and use their legs and upper body to put “zip” on the pass!
- Pass the ball away from the defense.
- Teach your receivers to catch the ball with their eyes first and their hands second.
- Teach your receivers to run through the ball to shorten the pass.
These five simple concepts will go a long way in improving your player’s passing and catching.